Careers Assistant Accountant- Contract
Assistant Accountant- Contract
18 November 2021
Cape Herb & Spice has grown from entrepreneurial roots into a global FMCG player, employing over 500 people and operating across 3 sites in Cape Town. Centered around innovation and quality, Cape Herb and Spice gives any candidate a great opportunity to gain extensive international experience and build an exciting career.
Key Functional Areas:
- Managing and processing Cashbook Function and all related queries
- Process and reconcile a wide variety of financial transactions including preparation of management account journal entries
- Prepare various monthly Income Statement and Balance Sheet Schedules and Reconciliations
- AP Foreign creditors – Evidence of Importation
- AR Local debtors – collections, statements and administration as required.
- Update and Reconcile Fixed Asset Register
- Assist with month end roll over procedures
- Assist in preparation of Cash Flow Computations
- Assist with preparation and coordination of audit processes (Internal, Interim & Final)
- Assist with problem solving any accounting / finance ad hoc tasks as required /requested
- Reconciling intercompany accounts and attain intercompany confirmations
- Report into Financial Manager
- Available for financial year end in December
Required Prior Learning/ Experience
- BCom Accounting Degree
- 5 years’ experience within a similar role
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work in a highly pressurized environment
- Deadline drive requiring planning and organizing
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Exceptional interpersonal/communication skills
- Strong Excel skills
If you have not received a response within two weeks of application submission, kindly consider your application unsuccessful.
To consider any application for employment, we will have to process your personal information. The Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013 (POPIA), provides that when one processes another’s personal information, such collection, retention, dissemination and use of that person’s personal information must be done in a lawful and transparent manner.
To give effect to the above, we are required to provide you with information regarding the processing of your personal information. This information is recorded under the HR Processing Notice, which can be accessed and viewed on the Company website at https://www.libstar.co.za/legal/. Printed copies of this Processing Notice can also be accessed from the HR department. We kindly request that you read the HR Processing Notice to ensure that you understand how Libstar uses and processes your personal information.
HR Contact:Mary-Rose Wrigley