Careers Brand Manager
16 November 2021
Cape Herb & Spice has grown from entrepreneurial roots into a global FMCG player, employing over 500 people and operating across 3 sites in Cape Town. Centered around innovation and quality, Cape Herb and Spice gives any candidate a great opportunity to gain extensive international experience and build an exciting career.
To build and manage strong, profitable brands through inspired effective strategies
Key Functional Areas:
• Development of the brand strategy both locally and internationally in alignment with the overall long term company goals
• Development and implementation of insight-based activity to achieve long-term sustained growth
• Development, implementation and evaluation of strong creative campaigns and communication channel strategies for the brand ensuring optimal investment of marketing budget to deliver business targets (strong focus on social media)
• Translating brand strategy into an annual activity plan outlining activity by channel
• Ensure all budgets are effectively allocated and controlled
• Drive the highest standards of execution for the brand
• Execute elements of brand innovation & renovation plans through development, including line extensions.
• Ownership and monitoring of holistic brand performance and initiating interventions where necessary
• Tracking of consumer and commercial business performance on a regular basis including P&L management, A&P control, and share tracking (if available)
• Building strong relationships with external partners and stakeholders specifically, media, design, digital, PR, promoter and specialist agencies
• Develop marketing material for trade shows and sales support
• Build strong internal cross functional relationships with Commercial, Supply Chain and Business Support.
• Creation of pricing strategy with commercial team
• Representation of the brand internally building passion, belief and pride
• Assisting and supporting the Marketing Manager on all projects
• Owning the brand packaging (design and mandatories) with a clear understanding of legislation and the Consumer Protection Act
• Responsible for developing and maintaining the brand look and feel across all platforms
Education and Required Skills
• A relevant third level degree/ diploma in Marketing
• Minimum 3 - 5 years FMCG experience on Brand Management level, with previously demonstrated success in this environment
• Experience in packaging design and new product development
• Proficient in MS Office (specifically Excel and PowerPoint) and data and market analysis tools (such as Qlikview and Tableau)
• Proven skills and experience in delivering, managing and controlling projects within set timelines
• A passion for food, flavour trends and quality
• An eye for design
• Strong analytical skills
• Commercially minded
• Able to perform in a high pressure, fast paced environment
• Excellent relationship management and influencing skills
• Good communication and facilitation skills with the ability to work with others to achieve objectives
• Comfortable with communicating and interacting with suppliers, customers and senior leaders
• Demonstrated understanding of quality assurance and compliance
If you have not received a response within two weeks of application submission, kindly consider your application unsuccessful.
To consider any application for employment, we will have to process your personal information. The Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013 (POPIA), provides that when one processes another’s personal information,
such collection, retention, dissemination and use of that person’s personal information must be done in a lawful and transparent manner.
To give effect to the above, we are required to provide you with information regarding the processing of your personal information. This information is recorded under the HR Processing Notice, which can be accessed and viewed on the Company website at https://www.libstar.co.za/legal/. Printed copies of this Processing Notice can also be accessed from the HR department. We kindly request that you read the HR Processing Notice to ensure that you understand how Libstar uses and processes your personal information.
HR Contact:Mary-Rose Wrigley