19 May 2022
Cape Herb & Spice has grown from entrepreneurial roots into a global FMCG player, employing over 500 people and operating across 3 sites in Cape Town. Centered around innovation and quality, Cape Herb and Spice gives any candidate a great opportunity to gain extensive international experience and build an exciting career.
Purpose of the job:
An experienced buyer is needed to join a young and passionate team to manage and develop the buying of raw materials and packaging. The successful incumbent will ensure that the supply of goods into the business is managed effectively, efficiently and in line with agreed company objectives.
Key Functional Areas:
- Operational Roles:
- Tracking and ensuring on time delivery of goods
- Must develop a good understanding of the production requirements report, visual stock planning report and the daily usage dashboard
- Lead weekly operational and planning meetings when necessary
- Develop SLAs and performance measurements with suppliers
- Monitor sales orders/jobs on the system in order to prepare, prompt and follow up with the other stake holders regarding supply
- Manage shipping documentation and liaise with shipping agents
- Monitor stock levels warehouse capacity
- Cross-Functional communication in order to communicate changes/requirements from other departments to the procurement department
- Use Data to provide insightful information to the business
- Generate and update purchase orders
- Place orders with key suppliers when necessary
- Liaise with key suppliers on a regular basis
- Ensure that due dates on purchase orders are kept up to date
- Update KPI reports on a weekly basis
- Assist with account queries.
- Partake in quarterly stock takes along with the rest of the CHS team
- Strategic Roles:
- Be involved with new product/range launches
- Utilize a collaborative and consensus approach by working with NPD, Sales, Production, Stores and Finance to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts/driver
- Build and maintain supplier relationships
- Minimize the amount of stock outs
- Reduce inventory value on hand to acceptable levels
- Review and update class A items on a regular basis
- Have market knowledge of category and benchmark against market and other competitors
- Inventory review- Responsible for the “in-stock” levels within the agreed inventory parameters high peaks and low demand
- Manage the demand planning process and the demand planning tools to support the relevant demand planning activities
- Liaise with the Team Lead on a regular basis, to review Inventory values in stores and decide what needs to be reduced etc.
- Work alongside the Team Lead to review the goals that need to be achieved by the Procurement Department. The buyer should assist by monitoring and driving these goals operationally
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Computer Literacy (Microsoft Office)
- Excel skills – Advanced level essential
- Inbound shipping knowledge beneficial
- MRP Systems (experience on Syspro is advantageous)
Required Prior Learning/ Experience:
- Degree in Supply Chain/ Logistics/ Operations or Engineering required
- 2-3 years’ experience within a similar role
- Strong Communicator
- Organisational skills
- Able to make decisions
- Ability to negotiate
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage time effectively
Please email Mary-Rose Wrigley your CV and a cover letter detailing your experience and track record. Email address: email@example.com
If you have not received a response within two weeks of application submission, please consider your application unsuccessful.
To consider any application for employment, we will have to process your personal information. The Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013 (POPIA), provides that when one processes another’s personal information, such collection, retention, dissemination and use of that person’s personal information must be done in a lawful and transparent manner.
To give effect to the above, we are required to provide you with information regarding the processing of your personal information. This information is recorded under the HR Processing Notice, which can be accessed and viewed on the Company website at https://www.libstar.co.za/legal/. Printed copies of this Processing Notice can also be accessed from the HR department. We kindly request that you read the HR Processing Notice to ensure that you understand how Libstar uses and processes your personal information.
HR Contact:Mary-Rose Wrigley