Careers Development Technologist
Dept: New Product Development
14 September 2021
Cape Herb & Spice has grown from entrepreneurial roots into a global FMCG player, employing over 500 people and operating across 3 sites in Cape Town. Centered around innovation and quality, Cape Herb and Spice gives any candidate a great opportunity to gain extensive international experience and build an exciting career.
The role will encompass providing technical assistance to the Gifting team within the innovative NPD department. The graduate will gain technical and overall experience in local as well as international markets, retailers and global food standards.
Key Functional Areas:
- Completion and filing of new product development process documentation
- Thorough communication to internal departments
- Assisting in ensuring products conform to country specific regulations on product and packaging
- Assisting in the briefing of recipes to the sampler and co-ordination of the sample procedure
- Assisting in conducting factory trials and travel tests
- Develop & implement solutions for technical issues
- Ensure product detail on internal system, in departments and on the shared drive are all accurate and product is as per customer requirement
- Technical support to other departments: QA, Operations and Sales alike
- Assisting the product developers in the testing of new product samples
- Assisting in ad-hoc development and technical projects pertaining to the NPD department
- Review of product labels for legislative and customer compliance
- Assist in Creating finished product and in process specifications
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Food technology-related tertiary qualification or minimum 5 years relevant experience
- Experience completing technical documentation
- Excel proficient
- Previous exposure to the BRC Food Safety Standard advantageous
Personal Characteristics & skills:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills at all levels, both written and verbal
- Deadline driven
- High attention to detail
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Pro-active, team orientated and enthusiastic
- Optimistic & positive outlook
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Willingness to learn
- Dynamic and critical thinker
- Strong admin and analytical ability
- A sense of urgency
If you have not received a response within two weeks of your application, kindly consider your application unsuccessful.
To consider any application for employment, we will have to process your personal information. The Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013 (POPIA), provides that when one processes another’s personal information, such collection, retention, dissemination and use of that person’s personal information must be done in a lawful and transparent manner.
To give effect to the above, we are required to provide you with information regarding the processing of your personal information. This information is recorded under the HR Processing Notice, which can be accessed and viewed on the Company website at https://www.libstar.co.za/legal/. Printed copies of this Processing Notice can also be accessed from the HR department. We kindly request that you read the HR Processing Notice to ensure that you understand how Libstar uses and processes your personal information.
HR Contact:Mary-Rose Wrigley