Careers Maintenance Supervisor
09 September 2021
Cape Herb & Spice has grown from entrepreneurial roots into a global FMCG player, employing over 500 people and operating across 3 sites in Cape Town. Centered around innovation and quality, Cape Herb and Spice gives any candidate a great opportunity to gain extensive international experience and build an exciting career.
• Conduct maintenance activities on equipment and facilities at the Spice Plant site to ensure efficiency, quality, cost and any specific performance KPI’s requirements are achieved.
• form administrative tasks required to provide the necessary data and information to the business.
• Provide input to support continuous improvement within the production and support departments.
• Liaise with the Maintenance Manager regarding the Preventative Maintenance program, priorities of breakdowns and inventory control of spare parts.
Key Functional Areas:
Supervision of sub-ordinates:
• Provide technical support to site’s maintenance team including apprentices on site.
• Ensure all work done delivers high standards of cleanliness and reliability of production machinery and factory facilities.
• Identification and communicating training needs for sub-ordinates.
• Ensure all relevant procedures are strictly complied with in the department and take the necessary action to address any non-conformances.
• Assess quality of maintenance work performed by sub-ordinates and external contractors.
• Attend development training as determined by the company from time to time.
Manage Maintenance Activities and Plans:
• Support the implementation of the site’s maintenance strategy and implement continuous improvement techniques.
• Proactively identify plant issues before they become a source of downtime to production
• Conduct regular GMP checks with the Maintenance Manager on all production equipment as well as the facility to minimise risks to our customers.
• Conduct maintenance on equipment and facilities to enable the site to achieve key objectives of Safety, Quality, Productivity, Cost and Service.
• Perform administrative duties as required
• Assign resources required to meet the various maintenance plans. This will include staffing and equipment resources.
• Be part of the project team on site.
• Liaise with the Maintenance Manager regarding planned maintenance programmes as well as work planned with external contractors.
Apply best practice data capturing:
• Ensure that Job card data and records are accurately captured and filed. Regularly discuss the reports and Job cards with the Maintenance Manager with a view to improving performance.
• Required to perform ad-hoc data capturing from time to time.
• Provide input to assist with continuously improving our reports and procedures.
• Do monthly stock take in the Maintenance store to maintain critical spare part levels.
• Qualified Senior Artisan (Millwright/ Fitter and Turner) with 10+ years’ experience in a Food manufacturing facility.
• Matric Certificate or equivalent.
• Ability to perform tasks as detailed above*
• Ability to use computer to access information on the company’s network as well as ability to use Microsoft Outlook.
• Undergone GMP training*
• Undergone training in HACCP & BRC as applicable to the role*
• Undergone HSE training as determined by the company*
• Ability to comply to medical health requirements as set by the company.
*Training in the above will be undertaken where required
• Good timekeeping and attendance
• Ability to earn the respect of and lead the team
• Ability to multi-task
• Good time management
• Ability to work independently and take initiative
• Good communication skills (verbal and written)
To consider any application for employment, we will have to process your personal information. The Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013 (POPIA), provides that when one processes another’s personal information, such collection, retention, dissemination and use of that person’s personal information must be done in a lawful and transparent manner.
To give effect to the above, we are required to provide you with information regarding the processing of your personal information. This information is recorded under the HR Processing Notice, which can be accessed and viewed on the Company website at https://www.libstar.co.za/legal/. Printed copies of this Processing Notice can also be accessed from the HR department. We kindly request that you read the HR Processing Notice to ensure that you understand how Libstar uses and processes your personal information.
HR Contact:Mary-Rose Wrigley