Careers Procurement Technologist
01 September 2021
Cape Herb & Spice has grown from entrepreneurial roots into a global FMCG player, employing over 500 people and operating across 3 sites in Cape Town. Centered around innovation and quality, Cape Herb and Spice gives any candidate a great opportunity to gain extensive international experience and build an exciting career.
We are looking for a meticulous individual with a strong technical background to join the QA Department and Procurement Department. The incumbent will be based in our Procurement Department and will be responsible for Technical compliance of Raw Material & Packaging Materials.
• Supplier relationship management (regular meetings / communications) on a technical level of both quality and product development teams
• Ensuring that with contracts set up that the technical requirements are communicated to the supplier and are met
• Provide technical advice to Procurement Department
• Source international accredited suppliers
• Responsible for technical compliance within Procurement Department
• Guiding buyers on purchasing decisions
• Direct communication with the supplier, negotiation with suppliers related to food safety & quality requirements, Manage test costs.
• Verifying or determining whether products meet customer requirements
• Provide a framework for making important decisions and choices
• Audit and negotiate with suppliers at source
• Ensure that the material purchased is commercially viable
• Ensure approved supplier lists are kept up to date
• Building relationships with suppliers
• Source laboratories and ensure that test costs related to raw materials are well managed & controlled
Key Result Areas (Functional):
• Create communication channel between QA, Procurement and NPD
• Audit suppliers to ensure that our QA requirements are met
• Risk assessing new suppliers and materials
• Performing Technical projects where required in ensuring customer needs are met within the business
• Ensuring required technical documents are provided on each delivery and with new contracts
• Making sound decisions related to food safety and technical to ensure that the correct quality and food safety goals are met.
1. Customer focus
2. Strong technical skills
4. Critical Thinking
5. Strong negotiation skill
6. Strong communication skill
7. Well Organised & structured
Required Knowledge& Skills:
• Excellent technical skills
• Good numerical skills and understanding of statistics
• Problem solving skills
• The ability to make considered decisions and to communicate them effectively
• Computer Literacy (Microsoft Office) – Advanced Excel
Required Prior Learning/Experience:
• BTech Degree or Master’s Degree in food technology
• 5-10 years within the Spice Industry
• Works well in a team
If you have not received a response within two weeks of application, kindly consider your application unsuccessful.
To consider any application for employment, we will have to process your personal information. The Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013 (POPIA), provides that when one processes another’s personal information, such collection, retention, dissemination and use of that person’s personal information must be done in a lawful and transparent manner.
To give effect to the above, we are required to provide you with information regarding the processing of your personal information. This information is recorded under the HR Processing Notice, which can be accessed and viewed on the Company website at https://www.libstar.co.za/legal/. Printed copies of this Processing Notice can also be accessed from the HR department. We kindly request that you read the HR Processing Notice to ensure that you understand how Libstar uses and processes your personal information.
HR Contact:Mary-Rose Wrigley