Careers Raw Material Technologist
Raw Material Technologist
Dept: Quality Assurance
22 January 2020
Cape Herb and Spice has grown from entrepreneurial roots into a global player, employing over 500 people and operating over 3 sites in Cape Town. Centered around innovation and quality, Cape Herb and Spice gives any candidate a great opportunity to gain extensive experience and build an exciting career.
The QA department is currently looking for a vibrant, honest, dynamic, reliable and motivated go-getter to join their team.
The applicant should have a strong work ethic ensuring deadlines are respected. They will be responsible to ensure they provide accurate & concise information to other persons within the organization both within the QA / Technical department(s) & procurement department in a timely manner.
The applicant should have strong research skills, good administration skills, systematic, be results driven & a have a logical, science-based approach.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Supporting the incoming raw material QC team in checking COA’s of incoming goods, requesting any necessary missing documentation to ensure this documentation is received in a timely manner from suppliers & allowing for timely raw material release, planning & organizing any external testing of incoming materials.
• Risk Assessing suppliers & raw materials (support of HACCP / VACCP systems), developing incoming testing programs
• Maintaining supplier approval documentation
• Developing & maintaining buying specifications
• Ensuring measuring devices used in the incoming laboratory and warehouse / treatment areas are calibrated according to a defined schedule & maintain this schedule.
• Performing monthly Housekeeping audits, reporting audit results internally
• Assisting with training of staff within QC & warehouse as necessary
• Review & develop procedures & SOP’s as part of annual system reviews and in accordance to business needs / changes
o Daily checking of rejection area & resolving NCR’s
o Recording, reporting & resolving non-conformance situations. Performing root cause analysis to prevent recurrence of issue.
• B. Tech Food Technology/ B. Sc Food Science or other relevant science related degree (with microbiology, chemistry, biochemistry subjects). Copies of qualifications must be submitted with a CV
• 1 - 3 years industry experience*
• Proficient in working in Microsoft programs (outlook, excel, word)
• Own reliable transport
*Where candidates with higher educational qualifications apply, consideration may be given to lower industry experience.
HR Contact:Therona Pillay
Telephone:021 701 5140