Careers Sales Operations and Key Account Manager- Local
Sales Operations and Key Account Manager- Local
01 September 2021
Cape Herb and Spice has grown from entrepreneurial roots into a global FMCG player, employing over 500 people and operating over 3 sites in Cape Town. This role forms part of an experienced team from whom to learn the challenging and exciting intricacies of international trade and cross-continental customer service. Customers extend from Canada to the Netherlands to Japan and beyond.
Grow our Southern African business by supporting front end sales and driving supply chain of primary brand and full account ownership of secondary brands.
Key Functional Areas:
- Full Key Account Management function relating to secondary brands – 40% of role function
- Sales management, administration, customer support and related
- Develop and implement customer strategy and plans; including annual activity planning, trading terms and co-ad spend
- Full accountability for billing & budgeting (by SKU, Volume, Margin, Category), pricing and profitability
- Management and co-ordination of order cycle
- Monitor competitor activity
- Support and co-ordination of front-end sales team and supply chain to ensure availability of stock – 60% of role function
- Liaison between sales team and supply chain
- Effectively managing stakeholder relationships to ensure business objectives are aligned and delivered upon.
- Ensure regular and accurate sales forecasting and stock planning in conjunction with Supply Chain
- Oversee orders from loading, through production to delivery
- Accurate management and implementation of partner pricing
- Supply any QA/QC information required by customers/partners
- Managing day to day queries (New business, product availability inquiries etc)
- Coordinating samples and full sales information for partners
- BCom or related tertiary qualification
- 4+ years FMCG sales and operations experience (of which 2+ years min experience in a similar account management role)
- Driver’s License, Own Vehicle
- Advanced understanding of stock planning, logistics & distribution efficiencies
- Manufacturing exposure
- Passion for food with herb & spice knowledge
- Experience with large Retail Chains (retailer systems & procedures, promo planning etc)
- Experience on Syspro / SAP
- Experience on QlikView/Qliksense, retailer portals
- Strong financial acumen and numeracy skills
- High level data analysis ability - SOH, ROS, distribution, ranging & trends
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office. Excel skills should include pivot tables and intermediate formulae
- Well spoken, strong written communication with the ability to convey information clearly and concisely
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment and adhere to deadlines
- Self-starter with strong problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to drive and track targets & KPI’s
- Strong attention to detail - accuracy and speed in execution
- “Can do” attitude - Enthusiastic and energetic with a self-driven work ethic to achieving excellence
- A team player with strong inter-personal skills. Able to build and maintain strong working relationships
- Negotiation skills and techniques; the ability to obtain various stakeholders buy in
- Display a concern for business values and ethical standards
If you have not received a response within 2 weeks of application, kindly consider your application unsuccessful.
To consider any application for employment, we will have to process your personal information. The Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013 (POPIA), provides that when one processes another’s personal information, such collection, retention, dissemination and use of that person’s personal information must be done in a lawful and transparent manner.
To give effect to the above, we are required to provide you with information regarding the processing of your personal information. This information is recorded under the HR Processing Notice, which can be accessed and viewed on the Company website at https://www.libstar.co.za/legal/. Printed copies of this Processing Notice can also be accessed from the HR department. We kindly request that you read the HR Processing Notice to ensure that you understand how Libstar uses and processes your personal information.
HR Contact:Mary-Rose Wrigley